Summer is coming to an end. Countless activities are taking place everywhere, and Labour Day is approaching. On September 2, let’s take to the streets across the country to demonstrate our rage, and our determination to fight for union and democratic rights.
WE NEED TO SEND A LOUD AND CLEAR MESSAGE THAT WE HAVE HAD IT WITH
- high rates of unemployment, especially among youth
- backroom trade deals
- factory closures
- environmental degradation
- attacks on social programs
- attacks on our right to strike and negotiate,
AND THAT WE WILL NEVER STOP FIGHTING FOR
- decent jobs
- working conditions that ensure workplace health and safety
- lifetime benefit plans
- affordable child care
- a public and universal postal service
- a government that serves the people.
ON SEPTEMBER 2, LET’S SHOW OUR SOLIDARITY IN ACTION.
Labour Day is also an opportunity to celebrate union and citizen solidarity.
What better way to do this than by taking to the streets to demand our rights? The Harper government and Canada Post had better get ready, because this fall, WE WILL BE TURNING UP THE HEAT.