Less than a week after reconvening Parliament, the Conservative government introduced Bill C-4, an omnibus budget bill that proposes to radically change our rights as federal public sector workers, and, by extension, is an attack against the rights of all Canadian workers.
- PSAC’s analysis of the Budget Implementation Act
- Summary of Bill C-4 Changes to Health and Safety Provisions
- Minister Clement was clear – he wants to take away our negotiated rights
- Federal public sector unions denounce back-door changes to labour legislation
- Tony Clement’s unbelievable interview on Bill C-4
Bill C-4 takes away the democratic rights of federal public sector employees and seriously undermines the health and safety protections in the Canada Labour Code covering workers under federal jurisdiction.
Bill C-4 is all about making it easier for the government and Treasury Board to come after federal government workers in the next round of bargaining and to strip away our long-standing negotiated rights.
Bill C-4 proposes amendments to federal labour laws that will not modernize the public sector. Rather, they are regressive and set back rights 30 years.
Bill C-4 is past second reading in Parliament and has been referred to the committee stage.
Please take action now. Email your MP and ask them to oppose these unfair and radical changes to labour legislation that affects Canadian workers.